The 3rd Anniversary is the leather anniversary, which poses a certain amount of risk. There is a FINE line of what we can give each other without being corny or having a gift that is SUPER expensive. I for one think we both did a GREAT job.
He got me a leather bound Writers Journal, which, for those of you that know me, is the PERFECT gift for me. (Photo Coming Soon!)
However, I had a little more of a difficult time picking something for him. After a great deal of online research, some of the contenders were:
- Wallet (generic)
- A desk Calendar (even more generic)
- Boots or Shoes (we don’t have that kind of money)
- A leather bound first edition of his favorite book (I don’t even know where to start with that one, and again we don’t have that kind of money?)
- A motorcycle hat (that would be one for my father-in-law, but not my husband)
- A Photo Album (seriously these people don’t know my husband)
- Belt with his last name on it (are you serious?)
- Chaps (Okay lets not go there!)
All joking aside, about 5 weeks ago I was seriously in a panic because I had no idea what to get him. I mean I know it is just a gift, but I really try hard to make gifts unique.
Well in the middle of the night, about 4 weeks ago, it occurred to me like an Atam Bomb. I knew EXACTLY what to get him. It was unique, not terribly expensive, he would LOVE it and most importantly it was made out of leather. Can you guess…?
Okay I will not keep you in agony. I got him a BASEBALL!!! This is not just any old baseball. This baseball has a map of Boston around Finway Park and in case you didn’t know it, my Hub is a MONSTER Red Sox Fan! Check it out!!! (See Pic to the left) He totally Loved it!!!
Next year is fruit or flowers... maybe I should start planning today!
Till Next Time,