Jul 10, 2008

Thinking of a new doo... or don't!!!??? - Oklahoma City, OK - June 2008

Okay, I think I may be stuck in a bit of a hair doo rut! I saw a photo of myself teaching a class in Oklahoma City a few days ago and felt like it looked a little on the dull side. The trick to my hair though is that it is naturally curly... No really I am serious!!

Exhibit A: Me at 3 years old

Exhibit B: Me at 5 years old

Just to prove I didn't grow out of it... Exhibit C: Me at 13 years old

Exhibit D: In later years I was so traumatized by my hair I had to cover it with a swim cap. (Ha ha, just kidding! Those were from swim team when I was 15 years old, but really in all honesty I HATED my hair with a passion.

So... all of this to say that cutting my hair comes with some risk. Cut the right hair and I'll get to ROCK OUT a semi short doo for the rest of the summer... Cut it wrong and... well you saw me at 13, and by 15 I was in therapy and wearing a rubber cap!

My mom would swear that my red hair was a gift from God, in fact, she tells most people (this includes grocery store clerks, cashiers, bank tellers, mail men/women, Fed Ex people, co-workers,
church friends, even the new neighbors) that she "...prayed for a curly red headed little girl and..." well here I am.

So now it's decision time. What to do!!!??? What to do!!!???

Till Next Time,
Bon Voyage!

6 comments:

Sarah :) said...

Cut it! David will take care of you. :) It will be exciting. But just so you know. Your hair looked fabulous the day we had lunch. Love you girl! :)

Kristin said...

Go for the cut! And is your hair still red?

sanctifyingsarah said...

It's just hair, it will grow back. It's not like a tatoo. When I came back home from college the first year I went into a salon. Well the salon had changed owners and let's say all of the people there spoke spanish and I did not. I was too embarassed to walk out cause I didn't want people to think I was rude. Well, she cut my hair so short I wore a baseball cap the rest of the summer and you could barely see I had any hair under there. Every time I get my haircut now I say, "I don't want to look like a boy!"

Anonymous said...

Hi Lil1!
Well, Yeh, You got me! I do love your curly hair, and no you didn't like getting it brushed or washed or done up in a doo! but you sure were and are and always will be a looker. such a pretty little thing! Curly or straight short or long it's yours and God gave it to you. Just don't do a Britney! Then you'd have the wiggy look instead of what ever is going to be the newest fad or style, The Lili Look! Hope Dr. J, like/loves it! Love you bunches! At least you know you were also an answered prayer! Mama (smile/grin)

Suz said...

Do it...Do it....Do it.....Do it!!!!I think that it will be lovely, my dear! I am a little biased though because mine has been recently chopped off. However, I am also fan of "the britney". I think that it's a statement of individuality...or insanity? Either way...if you decide to shave it off make sure you have a nicely shaped head without major indentations. That looks a little strange...somewhat like you were really clumsy as a young child, or underdeveloped. Either way...not a great impression.

If you go for the shorter cut and not the shave, I recommend layers to shape your face.

Check out my blog sometime...I know crazy...I'm adding something new!

Love ya

Thomas said...

maybe you should photoshop your face into some doo's that you have in mind.
http://www.download.com/3120-20_4.html?tg=dl-20&qt=hair&tag=srch

I haven't tried any of those programs, but you can do it at work as it's work related. Your personal appearance affects your job in that customers have to talk to you face-to-face.