Jan 7, 2009

Good luck and God speed-dial! - January 2009

I have been doing this… ALL MORNING!!!

I call this the “Reach-for-the-phone-on-the-wrong-side-because-you-moved-it syndrome”!

Yesterday I felt it necessary to re arrange my desk at work. Basically the cubical walls were closing in on me and I needed a bit of a RE-ORG. This often happens when I am in the office too long. It’s normally cured by planning my next business trip, but as there were none on the horizon to plan for I had to take matters into my own hands and change the scenery.

This is where the phone used to be…
This is where it is now! I guess my problem lies in the fact that a formal introduction wasn’t made, so here goes

"Good morning left hand, I know that in the past, I’ve only asked you to display my engagement ring and wedding band, and you have been doing a GREAT job at this, but there’s been a little change in your job description. Left hand, meet Meridian (the telephone)”
“Left hand, effective immediately, you will now be in charge of all phone call answering and disconnection. ""You will also be responsible for all phone number dialing.""You will also be the one held responsible for any miss dials or prank calls, so please do not take your responsibilities lightly. Miss dialing the CEO’s extension will not result in a raise, but it may result in amputation!”

“I have complete faith in your ability to do this job and I support you 100%! Good luck and God speed-dial!”

Till next time.
Bon Voyage!

3 comments:

Lo said...

Love the play on words in the title! Good luck with the left hand dialing...never been very successful with that one myself

Mano Rennt said...

I LOVE THIS POSTING!!!! Excellent play on words :)

Your left hand and mine have Meridian in common :) somehow, it works better :)

Stephanie Sabbe said...

You are funny! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy the last year of your 20's:)