Aug 29, 2009

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold - Baltimore, MD - August 2009

I discovered this book through a random conversation with a fellow traveler in the Memphis International Airport almost 2 years ago.

We were both on our way to Knoxville, TN, he for his brother's wedding, and I to one of my best friend's baby showers. He'd started the novel while waiting for our flight to Knoxville. He'd already read the first 30 pages when I sat beside him at our departure gate.

When I saw him in the terminal 3 days later waiting on our return flight, he gave me the book with the warning that this was a MUST READ and probably one of the best book he'd ever read.

Let me tell you... I was HOOKED first three pages!

Last Sunday, while watching the previews before Julie & Julia, I was thrilled to learn that this emotionally charged, heart pounding, heart breaking, inspiringly wonderful thriller had been made into a movie. (Sorry to Stephen King for the obscene use of advirbage... -- I seriously doubt he reads my blog, but just in case... -- I know better, but couldn't resist!)

The Movie comes out in December so that gives you plenty of time to read the book.

To order it, click HERE

To learn more about the movie or watch the trailer, click HERE

Till next time,
Bon Voyage!

4 comments:

Sarah :) said...

Will it make me cry? You know I don't like to cry.

mlesnapshot said...

Wow, sounds like a good read! You have me intrigued...

Did you like Julie and Julia? I'd really love to see that film. I was so anxious for it all summer and now that it's out I haven't had the chance to see it!

Suz said...

i think you got me to read that book...i think i need to go back and re-read it though. love you!

Suz said...

ps...Julie and Julia was an awesome movie. I absolutely loved it. Meryl Streep stole the show!