Jan 21, 2010

A Day off to Play - Baltimore, MD - January 2010

I can honestly say I was positively giddy in anticipation of my mid week Thursday off. When one of my co-workers asked me why I was so happy I gladly told them. "I have tomorrow off". Her response was " Oh really, you must have big plans." I smiled back at her and said without hesitation, "I plan to do NOTHING!" I must confess though that I will be praying throughout the day, at regular intervals, that my store will run without me. That they will not call me, and that they will accomplish everything I left them on the "To Do list".

And here I am, doing just that! I am literally sitting with my laptop perched on my knees in the HUB's robe doing the things I love to do just to pass the time; reading my favorite blogs, window shopping the Internet for baby gear, relaxing with one kitty cat on each side of me sleeping and Baby Sticks dancing around to what ever internal music I've got playing.

I think in a few I will make myself a root beer float (YES... it's before 9:00!) and some popcorn and watch Confessions of a Shopaholic.

Later I'll cook dinner. Not sure what that will be yet, but it may involve potatoes as that is what I am currently craving. I'll read a couple chapters of what ever book strikes me I'm currently most interested in Love the One Your With by Emily Giffin. And just for kicks I think I'll take a nap.because I can. And who knows, I may blog again... 2 in one day... Get CRAZY!!! I also want to spend time chattering with far away friends and catching up.

I am truly dreaming of a day in the not so distant future that I will be able to fill my days with my quickly growing family. I catch myself envisioning this tiny girl or boy and what they will sound like smell like and be like. Monday we go for our 20 week ultra sound (HALFWAY!!!) I am waiting with bated breath to see his or her face, to know they are okay, and to be reassured that I am doing a good job so far as their mother. I'll post pictures Monday night for all to see.

Till next time,
Bon Voyage!

1 comment:

Stephanie Sabbe said...

Your day off sounded fun! Hope the baby liked the float:)

There is an option on the layout menu to add a photo. I added the photo and then I linked it to the amazon site. It's pretty easy. call me if you can't figure it out:)

Like your new color! Very chic