Apr 6, 2012

The Destroyer of Books - Baltimore, MD. - April, 2012

We have a problem!
This sweet, beautiful little lady does this...
to just about every book she gets her hands on.

She use to eat them, now she destroys them.  I'm at the end of my rope!  I've been hunting on line to find other parents that have dealt with this but really haven't found much.  I think this is so exasperating for me because I LOVE books and to see my daughter making quick work of dismantling all the pages, peep-a-boo flaps, spines, and covers just breaks my heart.

PLEASE HELP!!!  How do you stop a 2 year old from destroying her books?

Till next time,
Bon Voyage!

3 comments:

Lo said...

Keep them illiterate! LOL!
I'm pretty sure I didn't give mine a lot of access to books until they stopped the destruction...but I still have corner chewed by VG occasionally :)

Mary Chaney Spencer said...

I'd make a big deal about taking them away from her until she can act like a big girl with them. Then get some construction paper and have craft time, where she can rip paper. Be sure you emphasize the difference between the two a lot. You may have to keep the books away from her for awhile.

Amy Ogles said...

Only keep the hard paged books accessible to her unless you are reading with her. That is what I did/do with my kids until they are old enough to handle the thin (soft) paged books nicely.