May 1, 2010

Resting and Nesting - Baltimore, MD - May 2010

So if you've never had the chance to partake in "bedrest" you should know that it's actually BED RESTING. It's been quite a challenge to learn to type while laying on the couch or bed on my left side but I'm doing it like a champ!

First things first: Baby Sticks Update
We had a growth scan on Thursday and are pleased to let everyone know that Baby Sticks has remained in the 9th percentile on the growth chart. Our doctors feel that this has a lot to do with the bedrest. Baby is weighing in at approx 3 and 1/2 lbs which is 2 - 3 lbs below "normal". Our weekly testing has yielded slightly elevated results, but weekly doctor appointments are extremely encouraging. They feel like all the steps we are taking are allowing the baby to grow as they had hoped he or she would, which should make it completely possible for me to carry to term (37 weeks) and beyond as long as the baby is thriving. Thank you for your prayers. They're working!

Nesting:
We've also been
getting busy on finishing the baby's room. I'm still up in the air about the bed skirt, but thanks to my good friend Anita I've found a potential stand in for $16.99 at Baby Depot.

I'm not completely in love with it, but for now it will do and the price is right and who knows I may love it once it's on.

The process of converting the Hub's office to the baby's room has been a little bit more labor intensive than we initially thought. We have way more books than either of us realized. So, last weekend the Hub built book shelves from Ikea and arranged then rearranged furniture and although it's not quite done, we're so very close. Just a few more things left to buy and do. Here's a few new pictures of the room.

  • The green afghan hanging in the crib was made by Jeremy's Aunt Polly Ann, LOVE IT!!!
  • And don't you LOVE the glider rocker. I think I'm going to do a pillow for it. I'm not scared of making a pillow!

  • We've still got to get a changing pad for the changing table and whatever fabric I do the pillow in I'm going to use for the drawer fronts so I'm on the hunt for something good!
  • Ooooh and I almost forgot... We got a new fan with a light fixture. Let there be light! FANCY!!!
Till Next time,
Bon Voyage

No comments: