Okay, y'all know I'm all about quick and easy dinner recipes. Yesterday I found an amazing chicken recipe from 101 Cooking for Two that I had to share. Please forgive me I lifted all of these photos from their website. If I'd known how awesome it was going to be, I'd have taken my own photos. Next time!!!
Chicken is a protein packed staple at our house, but so often we grow tired of it very quickly because it tends to be bland and when baked, it can be a little dry. However, this Parmesan Baked Chicken Brest is AMAZING! It's extremely moist! In fact, I think that's what surprised me most. It tastes great! It's a little crunchy and it is super SIMPLE!
3 or 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts trimmed
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated (fresh preferred)
1 1/2 t seasoning salt (I used Season All. They used Lawry's)
1 t garlic powder
1/2 t pepper
1/3 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
TIP: Chicken stays more moist if you thaw it by putting it in the refrigerator about 24 hours before you plan to use it rather than putting it on the counter or in warm water the day of use.
1) Preheat oven to 375. Trim, rinse and pat dry 3-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts.
2) Mix in a medium bowl 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (fresh shredded preferred) , 1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt (I used Lawry's), 1 t garlic powder and 1/2 t pepper.
3) Prepare a cooking sheet with aluminum foil (to help clean up) and a rack. The rack will help crispiness all around. You can do without the rack but the bottom will not be crispy. Give the rack (or baking pan) a good spray of PAM.
4) Dip the chicken breasts in the mayonnaise Parmesan mixture. Be sure to get all surface coated. Finger use allowed but be sure to wash well after.
5) Lightly sprinkle with some Italian bread crumbs on both sides. I used about 1/2 cup on 5 medium breasts. You are not coating them. Just adding some crispy and flavor.
6) Bake until internal temp of 165. This will vary by oven but mostly by size of the chicken breast. About 40 minutes for medium to large. 45 minute for huge. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
TIP: I actually checked my chicken at 25 min with a meet thermometer and they were done, so keep an eye on it because THE TIME DEFINITELY MAY VERY!!!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time start to finish: 50 mins.
Yield: 4 servings
We had it with an orzo pasta and roasted veggie dish that's on my list of things to blog about. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!
Also, this recipe is really easy to double if you are feeding a crowd. Hope you enjoy! We sure did!
Till next time,