Mar 1, 2015

Stitch Fix #10 - Knoxville, TN. - March 2015

My "Note to My Stylist"
"MORE dresses PLEASE!!! The Illina Crochet Detail Dress, the Bellatrix 3/4 Sleeve Chevron Print Shift Dress, & Martini Devin Lace Detail Maxi Dress are 3 favs I've pinned. A pair of Malin Bootcut Jeans, hope they look as good on me as they do on the girl in my pin! A unique everyday top, I pinned the Lydia keyhole blouse. And Finally, I LOVE the layering necklace so much I'd like another please!"

My Stylist, Catie's Note to Me
Hi again Lili! Wahooo I'm so glad you LOVED the items from the previous fix! Thank you for updating your Pinterest board and including some great new ideas. :) I saw you pinned our Market & Spruce Cargo Jacket and I've included it for you.  This is a great layer for spring right around the corner. Let us know what you think of it. We don't have the Lydia keyhole blouse in but I will keep my eye open for you. We did have a similar style in a in a very sweet print.  The Gilli Sina Maxi Dress is amazing and I instantly thought of you with your casual surffer girl look.  It may be a little long.  Let me know what you think. I've also added a classic striped dress (similar to the Bellatrix Dress you requested). That would look amazing with your new denim Jacket.  Have a blast trying these on!  With Love, Catie

NOTE TO READERFirst of all I must confess that I "peeked" at my fix.  This is a little trick I figured out after Fix #4.  As much as I say I love surprises, the reality is I don't much care for them in shopping.  The build up is so great that my poor stylist doesn't have a chance.  The problem is that I watch my Favorite Stitch Fix blog reviews and I see all the amazing things they are getting in their fixes and somehow, I felt mine weren't nearly as cute or flattering.  It was a real let down, so I figured out that you can click the "check out" link after your package ships, but before it arrives and you'll get a text discription of whats in your box.  If you Google the names of each item with the word "image" after it you'll get a good idea (with the exception of color) of what's in your box.  And to be completely honest, this time around, even after taking a sneak peek, I was actually a little nervous that I wouldn't like anything in this month's Fix.

My Five Pieces
1. Market & Spruce Spencer 3/4 Sleeve Striped Dress
So to start, this dress is SUPER light weight, like "you feel a little naked wearing it in the winter" light but that will be great for the spring and summer.  My biggest concern about this dress is the fabric.  Even though it's a wash cold, lay flat to dry laundry routine, it feels like it's going to pill.
 also, it's a little on the shorter side, but my bestie says I have nice legs and can pull it off...  Thanks Sarah!
 I added a chunky brown beaded necklace and my Mavi Kalie Denim Jacket from Fix #9 like my stylist suggested and she was absolutely right.  I think this one might be a keeper.

2. Gilli Sina Vneck Printed Maxi Dress
In theory this dress is great! The geometric pattern has a lot of color and it doesn't look like curtains.  But what you can't tell from the picture is that while the top half of the dress is jersey cotton and really comfortable, the lower half of the dress is a stretchy, synthetic material feels like Lycra.  I received a Gilli Maxi skirt in Fix #6 that was made of a really similar material and while it has a lot of stretch, it just doesn't have a lot of "flow" or "give" while walking.
it's also about 4 inches too long So I'd need to have it hemmed before I could wear it.

3. I liked the layering necklace in my last fix so much that I requested another on in this fix and receives this Bay To Baubles Gonzo Stone and Leaf Pendant Necklace.
The stone and leaf are really unique looking, but I'm not sure the chain would survive an outing with my little ladies pulling and playing with it.

3. Daniel Rainn Allison Keyhole Detail Blouse
I need to start by saying I LOVE almost EVERYTHING about this blouse!
Is is cut beautifully and the neck line is so incredibly flattering! The cut of the shoulders is so feminine!  I just can't get over how much I like it!
I added my favorite black jersey knit cardigan (purchased from TJ Max maybe 9 years ago) that I wear almost everywhere with almost everything, and I love it even more! 
 The material is lightweight and soft, However, as much as I LOVE it, there are 2 pretty big problems...
First, it's almost completely see through! Like VERY see through!
And second, the hearts... I think my 3 and 4 year old daughters have fleece hoodie versions of this shirt with EXACTLY the same print.  While I think hearts may work on Valentines Day it really is a bit "young" for every day.  Even if it were polka dots or a simple flower pattern, that would have been MILES better. I just can't justify spending $64 on a shirt I'll wear once a year. SIGH!!! I LOVE everything else about this blouse!

While my little assistant and fashion critique snacked I was able to try on my last piece...

5. Market & Spruce Chaplin Hooded Anorak Cargo Jacket
Like my stylist mentioned, I did pin this jacket, It's one of those situations where you never know what it will look like until you have it in your hands and on your body.
I pared it with my ONE pair of skinny leggings that look like jeans and my Hunter rain boots...

 While I'm not sure it's the most flattering thing in my very limited outer wear collection , the "utility" of this jacket makes me giddy with anticipation! Do you realize how much crap I can carry in all these pockets!!!!
 Pacifiers, toys, chap stick, keys, camera lens cap, hair bands... I think I can even fit a diaper in there!
The hood is really large and removable.  the snaps and zips are large and super smooth which will be great for the trenches of carpool line and supermarket checkout! 
  I think I'm ready for some serious puddle stomping with my little ladies this spring!

Down To Business
SO after much deliberation, only 2 items included in my 10th Fix earned spots in my closet!

MARKET & SPRUCE - Spencer 3/4 Sleeve Striped Dress - $58.00 - KEEP
GILLI - Sina Vneck Printed Maxi Dress - $74.00 - SENT BACK
BAY TO BAUBLES - Gonzo Stone and Leaf Pendant Necklace - $28.00 - SENT BACK
DANIEL RAINN - Allison Keyhole Detail Blouse - $64.00 - SENT BACK
MARKET & SPRUCE - Chaplin Hooded Anorak Cargo Jacket - $88.00 - KEEP

.........................................................................................
What is Stitch Fix ?
How Does It Work
It really is FANTASTICALLY EASY! The Stitch Fix Q&A page does a GREAT job explaining everything but the basics are... Fill out your Style Profile. Pick the date you’d like to receive your shipment. you'll pay a $20 styling fee before each fix which is applied to anything you purchase. Your "Fix" will arrive on your doorstep. (My mail lady actually hand delivered my last Stitch Fix package just so she could ask me what it was.) Once you have your package in hand, try everything on in the comfort of your home (you have 3 days). After you've had time to try everything on and see how each piece will work you log on to Stitch Fix.com and buy what you like and return the rest. You’re only charged for the items you keep when you let them know what you’re keeping and returning at Check Out. **DON'T FORGET*** The $20 styling fee will be applied toward any items you purchase. Also, ALL Stitch Fix clients enjoy free shipping both ways!

Buy All 5 Discount
One of the best parts about Stitch Fix is that if you choose to purchase all of the clothes in your fix, your order is automatically discounted 25%!

Get "Pinning"
According to Katrina Lake Stitch Fix founder and CEO 
"Pinterest is by far the most helpful. It's super interesting, and there's a lot of overlap with our audience. Even if you have nothing about fashion on your Pinterest board, you can learn so much by what people are pinning on their decor boards or DIY boards. It gives you a peek into what someone's life is like." - Q&;A interview by Dana Hull, with the San Jose Mercury News

My Fixes
See some of my previous Stitch Fixs. If you’re new to Stitch Fix and want to give it a try, please consider signing up using
My Referral Link
(I get a small commission which goes toward my future fixes, so thanks so much in advance!)

Till next time,
Bon Voyage!

9 comments:

diaryofaBmoregirl said...

Ohhh my goodness! So cute! Love the dress and the jacket.... Think I'm going to have to do an account myself! Any recommendations for getting started?

Lo said...

NOOOOO!!!! You sent back the blouse!!! This is why you ask your sister FIRST!!!!

WanderingLili said...

I technically still have it if you'd like it. =)

Lo said...

No!!! YOU KEEEEP IT! Hearts are completely in style and it looks adorable on you!

Cozy said...

I agree with your sister--keep the blouse! Totally not a Valentine's only shirt. I would wear that all the time! Classy!

I also think you should keep the necklace! I wear ones like that all the time and love them. I've had one necklace get a little shorter (if you know what I mean), but I can still wear it

WanderingLili said...

Oh thank you so much friends!

Nikki said...

You're gonna make me join this!

WanderingLili said...

Nikki - Make sure you use my referal link if you do! =)

Nikki C. said...

Will do