Apr 22, 2008

Catalytic Converters... Who knew!!!??? - Supplement

I have been asked by a few people to tell them what exactly I thought a Cadillac Converter did. So to send myself even further onto the automotive knowledge short bus, here goes.

I honestly thought that a Cadillac Converter had something to do with the California emissions laws. I remember as a child in the summer my sisters and I would watch The Price is Right while our nanny, Cat, talked to her boyfriend on the phone and read romance novels with Fabio on the cover. Whenever it came to the showcase showdown and they got to the car they would always say...


"You could win A BRAND NEW CAR!!! THIS 1987 Cadillac Allante could be yours! Some of its features include leather seats, air conditioning, power windows and locks, power steering, a standard transmission, Cadillac Converter California Emissions, AM/FM radio 5 speaker stereo system and wood grain accents." How glamorous! I didn’t know what half of that stuff was but I was sure of one thing whatever it was I wanted it, along with an easy bake oven, the My Little Pony Home Sweet Home Stable (which apparently now is advertised on E-Bay and Craig’s list as VINTAGE… hummm does that make me vintage also???!!!), the original leader of the Transformers Optimus Prime for my very own (I wanted that one so bad that I called the Transformers hotline and talked to him for 23 mins… a 900 number… and got into so much trouble that my parents took cable away from my entire family and actually, come to think of it, never got it back.), and to never ever ever have to buy school lunch again… except on pizza day!

So maybe it wasn’t the smartest thought, but I knew that out in California, where all of the famous people lived they always got fancy things, things made especially for them. They were the mavens, the trend setters. They are the reason I wore leg warmers with tennis shoes. They invented the side pony tail and jean jackets. Who was I to say that they couldn’t invent an entire part for a car to take all of their sunshine super star rays and convert them into something cool to fuel cars?

So there you go. That’s the truth with no poetic license taken.

Till next time,
Bon Voyage!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a truly hilarious, real life story! Being able to laugh at yourself... and tell the whole world through your blog, is an admirable quality.
:) Katherine

Thomas said...

LOL that was a pretty funny trip back in time. You don't have to make excuses for not knowing what a catalytic converter is. I bet the majority of people do not know, myself included. Everybody says stupid stuff all the time. At least you had some sort of reasonable explination. But I'm still glad you posted it because you're pretty funny and this way we can laugh with you not at you.

sanctifyingsarah said...

Thanks for visiting my post, by the way, the house is the perfect size for 1 little Sealand. We women, think ahead!