Mar 5, 2010

Last 6... Next 3... - Mempis, TN - March 2010

At 26 weeks pregnant I find myself reflecting on the last few months and also looking forward to the next few. Part of me feels completely ill prepared because I've been able to read exactly one book... Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy, which although wildly entertaining really can't be considered a book for research and preparation. I've peeked at the Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way but the photo and realistic depiction of what actual childbirth is going to be like completely freaked me out... 3 months to get there... One day at a time...

So after last week, one of the most stressful weeks in my professional career, we've been able to take a much needed vacation to visit friends and family in Tennessee. My sister and friends, Ashley and Anna, threw me an wonderful baby shower on Sunday (***photos coming soon***). The Hub and I have both had the chance to have dinner with our fantastic friends that we haven't gotten to see in 8 months. I got to visit with friends from my old job and compare bellies with some of my prego friends. I also got to get my hair cut and eye brows waxed for the first time in 8 months. THANK YOU LORD!!!! (and David!)

Tonight two sisters (Lo and Sue) and I are going to be bridesmaid in our brother's wedding. We'll be wearing our red dresses with red toe nails and get to flip flop down the isle to celebrate our family getting just a little bit bigger.

As for the next three months... In the next 14 to 16 weeks, this baby will come and he or she will be a blessing and a miracle, and even if I don't read another book we'll be just fine.

Till next time,
Bon Voyage!

1 comment:

Sarah :) said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time in TN. Can't wait to hear all about it! Miss you :)