Dec 31, 2008

Resolutions – December 2008

Note to Reader: I have NEVER done New Years resolutions before! In the past I’ve thought they were sort of silly. Why wait till the New Year to make changes when you could be progressively improving yourself all year long. However, for some reason, this year, I feel differently.

So here’s my first attempt at resolutions. In no particular order, all of these have a theme of self improvement.

  1. Make eating a healthy breakfast a priority. - Chips and a can of Coke is NOT healthy! (A side note on this one is that I am also giving up caffeine!!!)
  2. Stop biting your finger nails! – For the nine hundredth time!
  3. Exercise more. - Start walking or running at least 4 days a week and start taking ballet classes again.
  4. Cook more. – This cook book should help Supper’s on the Table – Come Home by Rachel Masters
  5. Stop forgetting to put my receipts in the folder so they can be entered into the spreadsheet. - This drives the Hub CRAZY!
  6. Start cutting coupons! – Katie says that she saves a TON of money by doing this and saving money is GOOD!!!.
  7. Read the paper each day (or at least on the week days). – It’s important to know what’s going on in the world beyond Prez Hilton.
  8. Read the Bible and pray more often. – These are more important than the news paper!
  9. Do more craft projects! – The feeling of accomplishment surprised me. I honestly feel that crafting has boosted my self esteem.
  10. Learn to be a better listener and STOP interrupting! – Other people like to talk and it will do me good to shut my mouth and open my ears with an open mind.

I think that I will try to revisit this list through out the year to make sure I’m on track, or to recommit to ones that I’ve strayed from. Wish me luck!

What are your New Years Resolutions?

Till next time,
Bon Voyage!

4 comments:

Sarah :) said...

Good for you. It never hurts to try to better yourself. Have a great day!!!

Suz said...

I guess I don't really make resolutions either. But those look like some good ones! Hope your having a great New Year's Day!

Love you!

TNTcoach Ken said...

That's a good list you have going. I hope you accomplish them.

Sara W said...

wow, that's a lot. good luck with that. ;)