Nov 30, 2008

Crunch Time!!! - November 2008

Some of you may know that I'm an aspiring writer, and if you didn't know... well... I'm an aspiring writer.

So I registered about two months ago to submit a short story to the Columbia Journal Contest. All submissions are due tomorrow!!! OMG!!! TOMORROW is really close!!!

I've been writing since I was an outcast pre-teen who picked the shortest book on the reading list. That book was Ann Head's Mr. and Mrs. Bo Jo Jones and I LOVED IT!!! With that single book, I fell in love with, as Stephen King would call it, "the craft"... And now, almost 17 years later... even after publishing in my University literary magazine, sitting through excruciating writing circle critiques, and everything it took to get my Rhetoric and Writing degree, I'm literally shaking in my shoes... (actually socks) for someone other than my little sister to read my work. What if they hate it!?

So it's CRUNCH TIME!!! The problem is that I've written several things and I'm not sure what to submit. So I figured that I give you a few short bits and let you guys help me decide.

1.) Sunshine - Not so typical unmotivated boy meets girl story.

2.) The List - Girl moves to new city and begins selling all of her things on "The List.com", an on line yard sale of sorts, in order to meet people.

3.) She Has My Name - A much darker story about two completely different women that have the same name.

What do you think?

Till Next time,
Bon Voyage!

3 comments:

Mano Rennt said...

I'd say "she has my name" :)

GOOD LUCK, LIL'1!!!!

- Manuel

sanctifyingsarah said...

So what was the verdict?

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I vote "She has my name"