Feb 10, 2012

37 Weeks - Baltimore, MD. - February 2012

Holy Cow, has anyone noticed my count down to baby counter is below 20 days!  In fact, at this very moment it says 17 DAYS!!!! (...minus the exclamation points of course.)

I must start by saying, I've never been this pregnant before.  I was induced with El at exactly 37 weeks so at this point she was 3 days old.  CRAZY!

I'm starting to feel much more relaxed about "Little Sticks" arriving.  We've gotten a lot accomplished in the last month which has set my mind and body at ease.  The Children's room is pretty much complete and I have everything I need to pack both El's bag for staying with our friends while we're in the hospital and my bag for the hospital.  I think my bag will be a lot easier this time around because I pretty much just need my wallet, a tooth brush, hair brush, hair dryer, and something to wear home.  The hospital pretty much gives you everything else you need.

The service that the Hub is on this month has a much better schedule so he's been able to be home a lot earlier and that has been a HUGE help with the Monkey!  Most day's I'm tired, but that's just part of it.  It's all prep for when this little one arrives.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Here are a couple of new belly pictures.
 32 Weeks
37 Weeks

And here are my "stats"
How far along? 37 weeks and 3 days
Total weight gain/loss:17lbs
Maternity clothes? Yep, except for a pair of Gap size 4 Curvy jeans that are low enough to accommodate baby and are SUPER comfy.
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Getting better.  A couple of weeks ago, in the middle of the night I got pissed at all my pillows and threw them all out of bed. That night I discovered that sleeping with NO pillows, except one tiny air plain pillow wedged under my belly works for me.  Go figure!
Working out? Not so much, unless toddler wrangling is considered "working out".
Best moment this week: Getting to be a part of "Father Daughter Night" on Wednesday.
Movement: Still ALL THE TIME!!!
Food cravings: Fruit and Red Robyn root beer floats!
Gender: Not finding out!!
Labor Signs: Just Braxton Hicks contractions (Who is Braxton Hicks?)
Belly Button in or out? Non existent
What I miss: Sushi and family
What I am looking forward to: Meeting this little person!!!
Weekly Wisdom: Drink more water!
Milestones: I guess the baby getting lower would be considered a milestone.  Also the children;s room is ready!

Till next time,
Bon Voyage!

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Hmmm....I should look up this Braxton Hicks....That person ranks in uncomfortable-ness (Not sure that's a word) right up there with the guy that invented high heels. You are , however, one the cutest little pregnant women I have seen. :) I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to meet "Little Sticks"!!

Amy Ogles said...

I'm excited for you. Congrats on 37 wks. Your new little bundle will be here before you know it. Glad things are going well.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! You look fabulous and I'm loving walking with you through this pregnancy. Can't wait to meet your little guy........or girl! :):):)

Sara said...

Can't wait to find out what the baby is! Good luck. :-)

Anita S. said...

Yeah, almost there can not wait to see pictures! Hope labor is quick and easy

Melanie F. said...

Good luck, have a heathly baby!

Amanda said...

cutest belly ever:) i've always wondered about Braxton Hicks....hmmmm. Can't wait to find out if the little one is a boy or girl. So great catching up on your blog!