Feb 22, 2012

I LOVE Packing - Baltimore, MD - February 2012

Let me start by saying "I LOVE PACKING"!!!!
One of the things that's been on my "To Do" List for the last couple of weeks is to pack this little lady's bag. She'll be staying with our good friends Katie and Kyle and their girls while we are in the hospital for "Little Sticks".

I finally checked that one off my list. The bag is packed!
(Katie, I promise I'm not crazy!)

My sisters say I'm the most hysterical packer on earth because I'm so meticulous and organized. The Hub swears that it's impossible for me to pack before 10 o'clock in the evening the night before we leave, regardless of where we're going or how long we'll be there. For the most part, both are speaking the God's honest truth.
When it comes to packing, I'm a closet obsessive compulsive. Everything needs to be able to be found easily, regardless of who the hunter is and if they've ever seen the bag before.
(Each outfit is individually packed in a bag containing everything needed.)

I honestly can't remember the last time I've packed with out a packing list or without labeling mostly Everything.
(Each bag is labeled with what's inside)

But it must be said, thanks to my lists and labels, it's been a long time since I've forgotten something or been without something we've needed. Unfortunately, I'm NOT this way in every aspect of life, but packing just makes me giddy!
(All the air is pressed out of the bag
so it takes up less space in the big bag)

As for the "10 o'clock in the evening..." part, I can explain! First, my peek times of efficiency are between 6 and 10 in the morning and 10pm and midnight. My excuse, this is how God made me! The hours between 11am and 9pm have always been a struggle for me. Good thing there are 2 meals in there otherwise that'd be a LOT of down time! Then there's the "...the night before we leave" part. There's always the inevitable last minute laundry I'm waiting to finish up and most of the things I'm packing I use in any given day, so if I pack them early I'll just have to unpack and then repack them. and that makes it more likely something will be forgotten because you've already packed it, right?!

Makes since to me. My "GO BAG" is next on the list!

Till next time,
Bon Voyage!

3 comments:

Amy E said...

This is great Lili! Best wishes to you! I think of you often.

sweetlove said...

"closet" obsessive compulsive no more. But very useful I must say, unless the person would be overwhelmed by your organization. Do you pack extra bags of random stuff in case she has an accident or makes a mass so the complete outfits don"t need to be broken? Just wondering.

Anonymous said...

I Love the idea of packing each day's outfit in a ziplock!